FLORIDA PANTHERS at CAROLINA HURRICANESS
APRIL 6, 2021
PNC Arena – Raleigh, N.C.
|FLORIDA PANTHERS||CAROLINA HURRICANES|
- The Panthers fell to the Hurricanes in regulation for the second time this season.
- With tonight’s loss, Florida’s season-high six-game winning streak came to an end. The Panthers record this season stands at 26-10-4.
- Aleksander Barkov tallied two goals, his second two-goal game of the season. He has produced a point in each of the past five games he’s played in, amassing eight points over that span (4-4-8).
- Carter Verhaeghe notched two assists, his ninth multi-point performance of the season. He now leads FLA with 32 even-strength points.
- MacKenzie Weegar posted an assist, extending his point streak to three games (1-4-5). He led FLA with 22:08 TOI.
- Weegar’s 23 even-strength points are currently tied for first in the NHL among defensemen.
- Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 25 of 26 CAR shots at even strength.
- Radko Gudas registered three hits and three blocked shots.
- Alex Wennberg led FLA with five shots on goal.
- Florida out-hit Carolina 41-36, led by MacKenzie Weegar and Patric Hornqvist (six each).
PANTHERS POSTGAME QUOTES – APRIL 6, 2021
Head Coach Joel Quenneville
“It was a hard-fought game. I thought we had a chance to get a couple there early in the game and didn’t…The last couple of games against them could have gone either way and we’re on the short end of it. They’re a good hockey team.”
Defenseman Anton Stralman
“I thought it was a good game. Two good hockey teams, that’s really what it’s about, that’s why it’s tight. They got some good bounces for them, and that kind of decided it tonight. I think you can draw a lot of good things out of this game for both teams.”
Forward Aleksander Barkov
“There’s not a big difference on the ice between the two teams. Both teams are playing really well and not giving much. All five games have been tight. I expect all the other games are going to be tight too, we’ve just got to find a way to win those.”