BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn men’s tennis came into the season ranked No. 11 in the country and handled their business against St. Thomas (FL) beating the Bobcats, 7-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, St. Thomas (FL) 0
Records: No. 11 Lynn (1-0), St. Thomas (FL) (0-1)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn has never lost to St. Thomas (FL), 23-0.
Get Social: Twitter – @Lynn_Knights | Instagram – @Lynn_Knights | Facebook – /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
– Robin Calais played the toughest match of the day against Adriel Azucey but still came away victorious, 7-6, 6-0.
– Giovanni Araujo had an easier time against Juan Fernando Patino 6-1, 6-2.
– Rayane Alami beat Sebastian Mezi, 6-2, 6-0.
– Diego Gonzalez got on and off the court with a straight-set win, 6-1 and 6-0, over Sebastian Bunster.
– Lucas Flotta handled his business against Eduardo Reyna, 6-3, 6-0.
– Ryan Neale finished the sweep with a win over Gonzalo Smulski
– Calais and Nicolas Cabrera won, 6-2, over Patino and Mezo.
– Gonzalez and Diego Valant beat Smulski and Nicolas Lerdo, 6-3.
– With the doubles point already secured, William Ljunstrom and Araujo finished their match against Azucery and Bunster tied at 5-5.
Lynn has one more match before they start conference play when they host Ave Maria on Feb. 11 at 3 p.m.