March 8, 2019
Eckerd 6, Lynn 2
Contact: Darin Yrigoyen (561) 237-7344, email@example.com
Lynn Baseball Topped by Tritons in Series Opener
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University’s baseball team was defeated by the visiting Tritons of Eckerd College in its Sunshine State Conference (SSC) series opener, falling 6-2 on Friday afternoon. Alec Ojeda went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI to lead the Fighting Knight offense.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 6, Lynn 2
Records: Lynn (12-7, 3-4 SSC), Eckerd (12-7, 4-3 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 44-16
STATS OF THE GAME:
· Ojeda was the lone member of the Blue and White whom collected multiple hits on the day, doubling in the fourth and adding a single in the ninth.
· Cal Bocchino picked up the other RBI for Lynn, a two-out single which scored Ojeda in the bottom of the ninth.
· Blue and White starter Nicholis Prather delivered a solid outing, going 6.0 innings and giving up nine hits and three earned runs, striking out six.
· Triton starter Dillon McCollough was masterful on the mound, earning his fourth win and throwing a complete game, surrendering just six hits and two earned runs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
· This is the first time this season that no home runs were hit in a Lynn home game.
· There was just one combined walk between both teams in the contest.
· Two runs scored match the fewest for the Blue and White this season, last scoring two in the opener against Rollins on March 1.
· The Fighting Knights collected three hits in the ninth after being held to just three hits in the first 8.0 innings.
· Ojeda and EC’s Mitch Calandra had the lone extra base hits for each team as the Tritons had 12 singles in the game while Lynn collected five.
· McCollough, the leader in the SSC in both ERA and strikeouts, had eight Ks and threw 80 strikes out of his 105 pitches.
Lynn concludes its three-game set with Eckerd tomorrow, Saturday, March 8 for a double-header, beginning at noon.
Assistant Director for Athletic Communications
(XC/TRACK, WSOC, WBB, BASE)