BENGALS RB JOE MIXON, RAVENS LB JUSTIN HOUSTON &
CHARGERS K CAMERON DICKER NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 9
Running back JOE MIXON of the Cincinnati Bengals, linebacker JUSTIN HOUSTON of the Baltimore Ravens and kicker CAMERON DICKER of the Los Angeles Chargers are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 9 (November 3, 6-7).
OFFENSE: RB JOE MIXON, CINCINNATI BENGALS
- Mixon totaled 211 scrimmage yards (153 rushing, 58 receiving) and five touchdowns (four rushing, one receiving) in Cincinnati’s 42-21 win over Carolina. He became the sixth player in the Super Bowl era with at least 200 scrimmage yards and five touchdowns in a single game and the third player in the Super Bowl era with at least four rushing touchdowns and one receiving touchdown in a single game.
- This is the third-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Mixon and first this season:
- 2020: Week 4
- 2021: Week 12
- 2022: Week 9
- He is the third Bengals running back to win the award at least three times, joining James Brooks (four-time winner) and Corey Dillon (three-time winner).
DEFENSE: LB JUSTIN HOUSTON, BALTIMORE RAVENS
- Houston recorded three tackles, 2.5 sacks and an interception in Baltimore’s 27-13 victory over New Orleans on Monday Night Football. He is the second player this season to record at least two sacks and an interception in a single game.
- This is the fourth-career Defensive Player of the Week award for Houston and first as a Raven:
- 2013: Weeks 1, 3 (with Kansas City)
- 2019: Week 5 (with Indianapolis)
- 2022: Week 9 (with Baltimore)
- Houston is one of five players with at least four AFC Defensive Player of the Week awards since 2013 (Shaquille Leonard, Cameron Wake, J.J. Watt and T.J. Watt).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K CAMERON DICKER, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
- Dicker converted two field goal attempts – from 31 and 37 yards – and two point-after attempts in the Los Angeles Chargers’ 20-17 victory over Atlanta. His 31-yarder tied the game in the fourth quarter and his 37-yarder won the game as time expired.
- This is the second Special Teams Player of the Week award for Dicker (Week 5 with Philadelphia) and he becomes the first rookie kicker to ever win the award with two different teams.
- He joins Michael Badgley (Week 14, 2018) as the only Chargers rookie kickers to ever earn the honor.
2022 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1Wk 2Wk 3Wk 4Wk 5Wk 6||QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Tua Tagovailoa, MiamiQB Trevor Lawrence, JacksonvilleQB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Josh Allen, BuffaloQB Josh Allen, Buffalo||S Minkah Fitzpatrick, PittsburghCB Jaylen Watson, Kansas CityDE Trey Hendrickson, CincinnatiS Jordan Poyer, BuffaloLB Matthew Judon, New EnglandDL Quinnen Williams, N.Y. Jets||K Cade York, ClevelandP Braden Mann, N.Y. JetsP Corliss Waitman, DenverK Evan McPherson, CincinnatiK Chase McLaughlin, IndianapolisK Dustin Hopkins, L.A. Chargers|
|Wk 7||QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||CB Sauce Gardner, N.Y. Jets||K Randy Bullock, Tennessee|
|Wk 8Wk 9||RB Derrick Henry, TennesseeRB Joe Mixon, Cincinnati||DE Dre’Mont Jones, DenverLB Justin Houston, Baltimore||K Nick Folk, New EnglandK Cameron Dicker, L.A. Chargers|