Bulls close out back-to-back road matches when it faces the Owls in Philly.
TAMPA (Feb. 26, 2021) – The University of South Florida men’s soccer team closes out its two-match road stretch on Saturday when it travels to Philadelphia to face Temple at the Temple Soccer Complex. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. and the match can be seen on ESPN+.
The Bulls will look for their second consecutive win after upsetting No. 14 UCF last Saturday, 2-1, in Orlando.
MATCH FOUR | SAT. FEB. 27, 2021 | 7 P.M. | TEMPLE SOCCER COMPLEX, PHILADELPHIA, PA.
USF BULLS | 1-2, 1-2 AAC
Last Game: Feb. 20 at No. 14 UCF (W, 2-1)
Next Game: March 6 vs. Tulsa, 7 p.m.
Head Coach: Bob Butehorn
Career Record: 154-121-35 (18th season)
At USF: 24-23-7 (Fourth season)
TEMPLE OWLS | 1-2, 1-2 AAC
Last Game: Feb. 24 vs. Drexel (Ppd.)
Next Game: March 6 vs. SMU, 7 p.m.
Head Coach: Brian Rowland
Career Record: 14-20-6 (Third season)
At Temple: Same
THE SERIES VS. THE OWLS
– USF and Temple have met just nine times before to Saturday’s match with the Bulls leading the all-time series 5-3-1 … USF has dropped three of their last four games against the Owls, after starting the series 4-0-1.
– USF is 1-2-1 all-time against Temple in Philadelphia … Temple defeated USF, 3-1, in its last meeting with the Bulls on Oct. 13, 2019, in Philadelphia.
A LOOK AHEAD
– Following Saturday’s game at Temple, USF will return home on March 6 to face Tulsa at Corbett Stadium at 7 p.m. (ESPN+).
CORBETT ATTENDANCE POLICY
– Due to virus mitigation measures and the size of the venue, USF will have limited fan attendance via pass list only at Corbett Stadium.
ESPN+ AND BULLS UNLIMITED
– All of the Bulls’ regular-season home matches will be streamed live on the ESPN+ platform … The American Athletic Conference and ESPN began a new 12-year television rights agreement starting in 2020-21 … USF will stream numerous home athletic events to ESPN+ this spring … Subscriptions for the ESPN+ app are $5.99 monthly or $49.99 annually and can be packaged with Hulu and Disney+ streaming services … A step-by-step guide for subscribing to ESPN+ is located here.
– Fans can also catch all of the action on USF Bulls Unlimited … Launched in August 2017 as a 24/7 platform for USF sports, it’s the exclusive home for the play-by-play call of Darek Sharp for USF men’s soccer … The 2019-20 season saw the introduction of a second full-time channel, Bulls Unlimited 2, to handle broadcasts when two Bulls teams are playing at the same time … Both stations are available via the iHeart Radio app (search “USF”) and provide static-free quality whether you’re listening on your streaming device, laptop or desktop.
About USF Men’s Soccer
USF Men’s Soccer competed in the school’s first ever intercollegiate athletic contest on Sept. 25, 1965, beating Florida Southern 4-3. Since then, the oldest program on campus has built a winning tradition, claiming 14 conference championships and making 21 NCAA Tournament appearances, including 3 trips to the elite eight.
The program also has a strong reputation within the professional game and boasts 27 MLS draft picks. Notable alumni include two-time MLS Golden Boot winner Jeff Cunningham, USA 1994 World Cup star Roy Wegerle, and 2013 MLS Cup winner Dom Dwyer.
The Bulls have advanced to the postseason in 18 of the past 19 years, including 12 NCAA Tournament appearances during that period.
USF Soccer concluded the 2019 season with an 11-7-1 overall record, earning an at-large NCAA Tournament bid. Four players earned AAC honors, highlighted by first team selections Avionne Flanagan and Javain Brown. Adrian Billhardt was tabbed a second team selection. In addition, Brown and Salvatore Mazzaferro were named to The AAC All-Rookie Team. Head coach Bob Butehorn returns to lead USF in his fourth season on the sidelines.
– #GoBulls –