The Bulls look for their seventh win in the last nine games and fourth straight AAC victory.
TAMPA (Jan. 31, 2020) – USF hits the road again for another stretch that will keep the Bulls away from the Yuengling Center for four out of the next six games, beginning on Sunday at Cincinnati. Tip-off is slated for noon with the game being carried live on ESPNU. The Bulls are looking for their seventh win in the last nine outings, and their fourth consecutive in The American.
Sam Gore (PxP), Holly Warlick (Analyst)
Audio: Bulls Unlimited (iHeartRadio/GoUSFBulls.com)
Jay Recher (PxP)
Live Stats: GoUSFBulls.com
Series: USF leads series, 19-16
Twitter Updates: @USFWBB
USF BULLS | 13-8 (5-2, AAC)
Last Game: Jan. 29 vs. Houston, W, 74-45
Next Game: Feb. 9 vs. Temple, Noon
Head Coach: Jose Fernandez
Alma Mater: FIU, 1994
Career Record: 367-267 (20th season)
at USF: Same
CINCINNATI BEARCATS | 13-7 (4-3, AAC)
Last Game: Dec. 30 at UConn, L, 80-50
Next Game: Feb. 8 at SMU, 3 p.m.
Head Coach: Michelle Clark-Heard
Alma Mater: Western Kentucky, 1990
Career Record: 215-98 (10th Season)
at Cincinnati: 37-18 (Second Season)
– The Bulls come into the game with the Bearcats on a three-game winning streak, and looking to equal their longest winning stretch of the year, to start the season.
– USF is coming off a 74-45 win over Houston on Jan. 29 … Elena Tsineke tied her career-high with 20 points, while Sydni Harvey and Bethy Mununga added 15 and 11 points, respectively … Shae Leverett had 14 rebounds and Tamara Henshaw 11.
– USF has three players – Elena Tsineke (12.0), Sydni Harvey (11.2) and Bethy Mununga (10.3) – averaging double-figure points, and three others netting 7.8 points per game or better.
TICKET & PROMOTION INFORMATION
– For ticket questions or to purchase tickets, please visit USFBullsTix.com or call 1-800-Go-Bulls … Single-game tickets are available; however; courtside seats are sold out for the 2019-20 season.
UP NEXT FOR USF
– Following their game against Cincinnati on Super Bowl Sunday, USF will return to the Yuengling Center on Feb. 9, for the second of two meetings against Temple (ESPNU) … Tip-off against the Owls is slated for noon.
A QUICK LOOK AT THE BULLS
– In just 16 collegiate games, Elena Tsineke has already made her presence felt for the Bulls after being cleared to play by the NCAA … Tsineke missed the first five games of the season after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA … Tsineke leads the team in scoring, averaging 12.0 points per game … She has scored double figures in 11 of the 16 games she has played in, including career high 20-point efforts at Temple on Jan. 16 and against Houston on Jan. 29 … Tsineke was 7-for-15 (46.7 percent) from the field, including 4-for-7 (57.1 percent) from behind the arc, and a perfect 2-for-2 from the free-throw line, against the Owls, and 9-for-19 (47.4 percent) from the field against the Cougars … She also netted 19 points, twice, against Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 29 in the Cancun Challenge and against Cincinnati in The American opener on Jan. 5 … She is shooting 41.9 percent (67-for-160) from the field, including 34.7 percent (26-for-75) from behind the arc, and 86.5 percent (32-for-37) from the free-throw line.
– Bethy Mununga comes into Sunday’s game averaging just shy of a double-double in the 18 games she has played this season … She missed three games – Idaho, Mississippi State and UNLV – with a hamstring injury … Her 10.3 points per game and 9.8 rebounds per outing are third and first on the team, respectively, and her rebounds per game average is second in The American, through Jan. 30 … She has scored in double figures in 11 of the 18 games she has played in, including career highs of 16 points at Baylor (Nov. 19), against Brown (Dec. 30) and Cincinnati (Jan. 3) … She’s shooting 49.4 percent (77-for-156) from the field on the year.
– Mununga has recorded a double-double in seven of the 18 games she has played in … She has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 10 games this season.
– Sydni Harvey is starting to get back to her old self after missing the first 10 games of the season due to a leg injury … Harvey is second on the team in scoring, averaging 10.8 points per game, and has scored double figures in four of the last six games played, with 18 points against Cincinnati on Jan. 5, 20 points at Tulsa on Jan. 12, 19 points at Temple on Jan. 16, and 16 points against Tulane on Jan. 25 … She set a career high for three-point shots made in a game with six at Tulsa (6-for-7) on Jan. 16.
– Elisa Pinzan posted a career high tying 23-point effort against UCF on Jan. 19 … She shot 53.3 percent (8-for-15) from the field and 58.3 percent (7-for-12) from behind the three-point arc … She set career-highs with eight field goals and seven three-point shots made against the Knights … Pinzan also had a previous season-high 14 points against No. 2/2 Baylor on Nov. 19 on 5-for-14 (32.7 percent) shooting from the field, and 4-of-7 (57.1 percent) from behind the arc … Despite missing five games – Idaho, Mississippi State, UNLV, Brown and Cincinnati – due to an ankle injury, she continued to lead the team in assists per game, and is currently dishing out 4.9 per game … Pinzan has handed out six or more assists in five of the past seven games – dating back to Alabama State on Dec. 6 – and in four-of-six since returning from her ankle injury at Tulsa on Jan. 19.
– Tamara Henshaw, second on the team in rebounding, comes into the Cincinnati game with 834 career rebounds, following her 11 rebounds against Houston on Jan. 29 … She reached the 800-rebound plateau with her seven boards against Cincinnati on Jan. 5 … Against Houston, Henshaw surpassed Nalini Miller (2003-07) into seventh all-time at USF … Next up is Jessica Lawson (2007-10), in sixth on the all-time list with 863.
– Henshaw is 10th in the AAC in rebounds per game, grabbing 7.0 per outing, through Jan. 30.
– Kristyna Brabencova is averaging 7.8 points per game on the year and 3.7 rebounds per contest … She has scored double figures in eight games this season, in five of her last eight, and seven of her last 12 … Her double-figure outing at Tulsa on Jan. 12, was a career-high 17 points performance on 6-for-9 shooting (66.7 percent), including 2-for-3 (66.7 percent) from long range, and a perfect 2-for-2 from the free-throw line.
– Cincinnati comes into its game with USF with a 13-7 overall record and a 4-3 mark in The American, following its 80-50 loss at UConn on Jan. 30 … The loss snapped the Bearcats’ two-game winning streak … One of Cincinnati’s seven losses came at the hands of the Bulls, 76-68, on Jan. 5 in Tampa.
– The Bearcats have three players averaging double figures in the scoring column, led by IImar’I Thomas who is averaging, 20.3 points per game, along with 8.4 rebounds per contest … Antoinette Miller and Angel Rizor and second and third on the team, averaging 16.2 points and 11.2 points per game, respectively.
THE SERIES AGAINST THE BEARCATS
– Sunday’s game marks the 36th meeting between USF and Cincinnati with the Bulls leading the all-time series, 19-16 … USF has won 12 of the last 14 games, and are 17-6 in the last 23 meetings against the Bearcats.
– The all-time series is tied at 7-7 in games played at Cincinnati.
About USF Women’s Basketball
USF notched its eighth consecutive 19-win season and eighth straight postseason appearance in 2018-19. The Bulls celebrated two all-conference honorees in Enna Pehadzic and Sydni Harvey.
USF has made 15 postseason tournament appearances and had six NCAA Tournament berths in head coach Jose Fernandez’s 19 seasons. The all-time winningest coach in program history, Fernandez has guided USF to nine 20-win seasons, two WNIT final four appearances, the 2009 WNIT championship and won more than 350 games.
– #GoBulls –