GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Tre Mann led the Gators to road wins last week at Auburn and Kentucky with a memorable pair of performances. Mann’s week was a rare one, as he became the only Gator dating back to 1970 to lead the team in points and rebounds in back-to-back wins with both games on the road.
Mann started the week with his first career double-double, posting 19 points and 13 rebounds at Auburn. Mann started fast with 14 points in the first 11:30 of the game, which helped the Gators jump out to a quick 18-6 lead. His 13 rebounds also marked the most by a Gator in any game this season.
On Saturday, the Gainesville native posted 21 points and eight rebounds in Florida’s win at Kentucky. Mann scored 11 of the Gators’ final 20 points in the game, including the game-sealing free throws with 10 seconds left. He totaled 14 of his 21 points in the second half.
Mann is the second Gator to earn this honor this season, joining Colin Castleton. It marks the third time in the past five seasons that a pair of Florida teammates have each earned the award (2016-17: KeVaughn Allen, Chris Chiozza; 2017-18: Jalen Hudson, Egor Koulechov).
Notable team-leading points/rebounds performances:
* Tre Mann, only player in records available back to 1970 to lead the team outright in consecutive games, both road wins:
* 19/13, Feb. 23, 2021, road win at Auburn
* 21/8, Feb. 27, 2021, road win at Kentucky
* Keyontae Johnson, last to lead in consecutive games regardless of outcome or location:
* 24/10, Feb. 18, 2020, home win vs. Arkansas
* 19/9, Feb. 22, 20, road loss at Kentucky
* 25/11, Feb. 26, 2020, home win vs. LSU
* Devin Robinson, last to lead or co-lead in consecutive wins:
* 24/7, March 16, 2017, neutral site win vs. ETSU (led scoring, co-led rebounding)
* 14/11 March 18, 2017, neutral site win vs. Virginia (co-led scoring, led rebounding)
* Dorian Finney-Smith, last to lead outright in consecutive wins regardless of location:
* 20/10, Feb. 28, 2015, home win vs. Tennessee
* 12/7, March 3, 2015, home win vs. Texas A&M
* Matt Bonner, last to lead or co-lead in consecutive games, both on the road, regardless of outcome:
* 23/8, March 1, 2003, road win at Auburn (led both)
* 24/7, March 4, 2003, road loss at Georgia (led scoring, co-led rebounding)
* Dwayne Schintzius, last to lead outright (not co-lead) in consecutive games, both on the road, regardless of outcome:
* 24/7, Jan. 14, 1989, road win at Auburn
* 28/12, Jan. 18, 1989, road loss at Tennessee