March 9, 2019
Lynn 12, North Greenville 11
Contact: Alex Slocum (561) 237-7279, email@example.com
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Down 11-8 with just over five minutes to play in regulation, Lynn University’s men’s lacrosse team buckled down and scored three unanswered goals to send Saturday’s nonconference tilt to overtime. The Fighting Knights drew up an offensive play in a crucial timeout as Conrad Rhein put away the game winner for a 12-11 victory over North Greenville University.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 12, North Greenville 11 (OT)
Records: Lynn (3-1), NGU (2-6)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 3-0
STATS OF THE GAME:
· The Fighting Knights scored three consecutive goals in the last 5:43 of the fourth quarter to knot the game at 11-11. Lynn won the opening faceoff in overtime, immediately calling a timeout. The Blue and White coaching staff drew up a play for Chase Stokes, but Stokes was double-teamed, as Jared Chaloux audibled and found Rhein at the top of the crease for the game winner.
· Rhein’s overtime strike gave him a hat trick on the day, joining Xander Cosenza and Keegan Maxwell as the trio of Fighting Knights with three goals apiece. Cosenza added an assist for a four-point day while Maxwell scored the equalizer with a minute left in regulation. Rhein finished second on the team in ground balls (6).
· Chaloux logged the first four-point game of his young career, scoring a goal with three assists, including the helper on the game winner.
· Stokes added two goals, scoring on both shot attempts that found the frame.
· Mikey Urso tallied a pair of assists with three ground balls while Nick McCabe logged the team’s final helper.
· It was another day at the office for faceoff specialist Dryden Brous, who fell one short on two of his own school records, winning 22-of-27 attempts at the X with 16 ground balls.
· Collin McClelland and Colin Casey split time in the cage. McClelland came away with seven stops while Casey made two in his collegiate debut.
· Greg Morissette continues to be active in the ground game, picking up four GBs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
· The Crusaders have lost three games in overtime this season, including earlier this week at Tampa.
· These two teams met in South Carolina last season, with Lynn notching a similar 11-10 overtime victory. It marked the first overtime win in program history. The Fighting Knights were 0-4 in overtime games through the first four seasons, including two losses in 2017 and a double OT setback in 2016.
· These two teams met for the first time in 2015 with Lynn winning 16-6 in a neutral-site matchup.
· Chaloux had one less point today (4) than he did all of last season as a freshman (5).
· Brous set the single-game school records last season with 23 faceoff wins and 17 ground balls.
· Morissette has at least three ground balls in all four games this season.
The Fighting Knights will head to Florida Southern this Saturday, March 16, for the first Sunshine State Conference contest of the season. The game is slated to begin at 7 p.m.
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications
3601 North Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431
T: +1 561-237-7279
M: +1 570-690-7961
F: +1 561-237-7409
+1 561-237-7000 | lynn.edu