MIAMI DOLPHINS AT NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEPT. 13, 2020 | 1 PM
BAKER HAS CAREER DAY
• LB Jerome Baker had a career-high 16 tackles (13 solo). He also had one sack and a forced fumble.
• Baker stripped New England WR N’Keal Harry at the 1-yard line in the third quarter, forcing the ball into the end zone for a touchback. It stopped a threatening New England drive and the Dolphins answered with a touchdown of their own to make it a 3-point game.
• Baker sacked QB Cam Newton in the first quarter for a loss of nine yards. It was Miami’s first sack of the season.
• Baker entered the season with 200 career tackles in two seasons (2018-19). His 200 tackles ranked seventh among all players from the 2018 draft class and all six players with more career tackles were drafted ahead of him.
WILKINS STANDS OUT IN FIRST GAME OF SOPHOMORE YEAR
• DT Christian Wilkins totaled six tackles (four solo), two tackles for loss, one sack and two passes defensed today.
• His six tackles and one sack each matched his career high and his two passes defensed were the most in his career.
• Wilkins finished the 2019 season with 56 tackles (30 solo), the most be any rookie defensive lineman in the league.
J. HOWARD SCORES FIRST DOLPHINS TOUCHDOWN OF THE YEAR
• RB Jordan Howard scored on a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter to cut the deficit to three points. It was Miami’s first touchdown of the season.
• For Howard, it was the 31st rushing touchdown of his career. Howard’s 31 rushing touchdowns are tied for sixth in the NFL since 2016, the year he entered the league.
SANDERS CONVERTS HIS FIRST FIELD GOAL OF THE YEAR
• K Jason Sanders hit a 46-yard field goal in the second quarter for Miami’s first points of the season. It was his only placekicking attempt of the day.
• Sanders is now 42-of-51 (82.4 pct.) on field goal attempts in his career, which is the best field goal percentage in Dolphins history.
INJURIES REPORTED IN THE PRESS BOX
• WR DeVante Parker, second quarter – hamstring – questionable
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
• LB Kyle Van Noy
• There were no tickets distributed in today’s game.
• At 20 years and 291 days old, CB Noah Igbinoghene’s appearance today makes him the youngest player to play in a game in Dolphins history. He’s the youngest player to appear in an NFL game since Buffalo LB Tremaine
Edmunds in 2018.
• The Dolphins started two rookies on the offensive line today with Austin Jackson at left tackle and Solomon Kindley at right guard. The last time the Dolphins started two rookies on the offensive line in Week 1 was Sept. 7,
2008 vs. N.Y. Jets (Jake Long and Donald Thomas) and prior to that, it was Sept. 9 1990 (Keith Sims and Richmond Webb).
• S Bobby McCain totaled five tackles (four solo) today, giving him 200 tackles in his career.
• S Brandon Jones totaled 10 tackles (seven solo) in his NFL debut today. It was the most tackles by a Dolphins player making his NFL debut since CB Xavien Howard had 11 on Sept. 11, 2016 at Seattle. Jones is one of just five NFL players to have double-digit tackles in his NFL debut since 2016 (Howard, Seattle CB Shaquill Griffin, San Francisco
LB Fred Warner and Pittsburgh LB Devin Bush).
• QB Ryan Fitzpatrick became the second quarterback in Dolphins history to score on a two-point conversion. The other is QB George Wilson Jr., who did so on Dec. 11, 1966 at Kansas City.
• S Clayton Fejedelem saw his 64 consecutive games played streak come to an end. He had played every game of his four-year NFL career prior to today.
• The following players made their NFL debuts today: DT Raekwon Davis, LS Blake Ferguson, G/T Robert Hunt, CB Noah Igbinoghene, T Austin Jackson, S Brandon Jones and G Solomon Kindley.
• In addition, the following players made their Dolphins debuts today: G Ereck Flowers, S Kavon Frazier, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, RB Jordan Howard, CB Byron Jones, C Ted Karras, DE Shaq Lawson, DE Emmanuel Ogbah, LB
Elandon Roberts and LB Kyle Van Noy.