The majority of the player field – 153 of 156 players – was finalized today (Friday, June 26) for the 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic (July 2-5), the only PGA TOUR tournament ever held in Detroit and set to be broadcast live on Golf Channel and CBS. The 72-hole event will be played at the historic, Donald Ross-designed Detroit Golf Club, with the champion earning $1,350,000 and 500 FedExCup points.
The field for the second edition of the $7.5 million Rocket Mortgage Classic features 82 PGA TOUR winners, including 13 major champions and 10 golfers who have won during this 2019-20 PGA TOUR season. Fifteen players are currently ranked within the top 30 of the PGA TOUR’s 2019-20 FedExCup standings:
The field features 18 of the top 50 players in the Official World Golf Ranking, including:
- No. 5 Webb Simpson – Seven-time PGA TOUR winner and 2012 U.S. Open champ; No. 1 in FedExCup standings
- No. 7 Patrick Reed – 2018 Masters champion and eight-time PGA TOUR winner.
- No. 11 Bryson DeChambeau – Five-time PGA TOUR winner; 2015 U.S. Amateur and NCAA Division I champion.
· No. 16 Tyrrell Hatton – Won first PGA TOUR event at 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational; No. 14 in FedExCup standings.
· No. 17 Tony Finau – Five top-10 results in golf’s last eight major championships.
· No. 20 Sungjae Im – Won first PGA TOUR event at 2020 Honda Classic; No. 3 in FedExCup standings; 2018-2019 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.
- No. 23 Hideki Matsuyama – Five-time PGA TOUR champ; Japan’s top-ranked golfer.
- No. 31 Rickie Fowler – Five-time PGA TOUR winner; 2015 THE PLAYERS champion.
- No. 34 Kevin Na – Four-time PGA TOUR winner; No. 17 in FedExCup standings.
- No. 36 Danny Willett – 2016 Masters champion.
- No. 38 Kevin Kisner – Three-time PGA TOUR winner.
- No. 40 Erik van Rooyen – Rocket Mortgage Classic sponsor exemption who was T8 at 2019 PGA Championship.
- No. 45 Christiaan Bezuidenhout – Rocket Mortgage Classic sponsor exemption.
- No. 46 Bubba Watson – 12-time PGA TOUR winner, including 2012 and 2014 Masters.
- No. 47 Matt Wallace – Four-time European Tour winner; T3 at 2019 PGA Championship.
- No. 48 Rafa Cabrera Bello – Five-time European Tour champion; Spaniard was T5 at 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
- No. 49 Scottie Scheffler – 2019 Korn Ferry Tour Player of the Year with three top-5 finishes in this PGA TOUR rookie season.
- No. 50 Brandt Snedeker – Nine-time PGA TOUR winner, 2012 FedExCup champion, and 2007 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.
Other notable players include:
- Nate Lashley – Wire-to-wire winner of the inaugural Rocket Mortgage Classic after getting into the 2019 field as the third alternate.
- Jason Day – Former World No. 1 and 12-time PGA TOUR winner, including 2015 PGA Championship.
- Viktor Hovland – Top-ranked amateur in 2019 who made the 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic his second professional start and won the 2020 Puerto Rico Open in February.
- Matthew Wolff – 2019 NCAA Division I individual champion who made the 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic his second professional start and won the 2019 3M Open in his fourth PGA TOUR start.
- Brendon Todd – Won consecutive 2019-20 PGA TOUR events at the Bermuda Championship and Mayakoba Golf Classic, and ranks No. 6 in FedExCup standings.
- Harold Varner III – Fan favorite and 2016 Australian PGA Championship winner.
- Keegan Bradley – Four-time PGA TOUR winner and 2011 PGA Championship winner.
- Doc Redman – 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic runner-up and 2017 U.S. Amateur champion.
· Brian Stuard – Jackson, Mich. native who graduated from Napoleon High School in 2001 and played collegiately at Oakland University in Rochester, Mich. Placed T5 in 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic.
- Vijay Singh – 2006 World Golf Hall of Fame inductee, 34-time PGA TOUR winner and three-time major champion (1998 and 2004 PGA Championship, 2000 Masters).
Additionally, the Rocket Mortgage Classic awarded two sponsor exemptions to players who will make their second professional start on the PGA TOUR – Sahith Theegala and Peter Kuest. Theegala is a three-time NCAA All-American who earlier this year led Pepperdine University to the NCAA’s No. 1 ranking while winning the Haskins Award and Ben Hogan Award, given annually to the player of the year in men’s college golf. Kuest completed his collegiate career at BYU having won 10 events in 49 starts, and setting a school record this season with a 69.42 scoring average while leading all of college golf in birdies and eagles.
2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic Final Field (156 players) as of June 26, 2020