CLEARWATER, Fla. – Lynn University’s women’s swimming team wrapped up day two at the Sunshine State Conference (SSC) Championships on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:· Evening Session
- Lynn’s team of Karolina Smylek, Sami Beck, Ewa Osiniak and Clara Monges finished third in the 400-medley relay (3:47.00).
- Beck (4:25.15) finished fourth and Samar Khacha (4:27.26) took seventh in the 400-IM final.
- Monges earned an NCAA ‘B’ cut time in the 100-fly (sixth) with a time of 55.93. Smylek finished seventh in the 100-fly (56.28).
- Alyson Currao, Susan Faremouth, Bush, and Tatiana St. Juste competed in the 200-free relay (1:40.42).
- Grace Armit, Sydney Keefe, Shelley Sikes and Anita Field also raced the 200-free relay (1:43.60).
· Morning Session
- Beck finished third in the 400-IM with a time of 4:26.23. Khacha also was in the top-eight in the 400-IM, touching the wall in 4:28.89.
- Smylek secured sixth-place in the 100-fly with a time of 56.36. Monges was right behind Smylek in seventh (56.36).
- Sarah Nichols (57.58) and Currao (59.94) also raced the 100-fly.
- Osiniak posted a 1:52.8 in the 200-free.
- Bush (1:57.48), Armit (1:58.68), Field (2:00.06), Sydney Keefe (2:01.91), Sikes (2:02.76) and Brecca Hawkins (2:04.89) also participated in the 200-free.
Lynn continues the SSC Championships in Clearwater, Fla., tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 15.